Mobile Surgery Unit™
|GSA Contract GS-30F-0026Y|
Only Patented Mobile Solution
Mobile Surgery Units™ (MSUs) are U.S. healthcare code compliant mobile ambulatory surgery facilities. Essentially a hospital on wheels, MSUs are designed to provide on-site surgical services for hospitals renovating operating rooms and to provide additional operating room capacity. MSUs can support physician groups with insufficient case volume to justify a free-standing Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) or provide on-site surgery at correctional facilities. One value of the MSU is its ability to support disaster readiness applications and international and humanitarian missions.
MMIC's MSU can meet many needs. Due to the air pressure relationships between areas and 99% HEPA filtration, the space can be utilized as a temporary facility for sterile processing in an emergency situation. MMIC recently addressed an emergency need at Adena Medical Center in Chillicothe, Ohio. A September 15, 2014 article (located by following the link above) indicates that surgeries were able to resume as the result of MMIC's provision of an MSU equipped with several sterilizers. MMIC was able to respond with a unit on-site within 24 hours.
- Set-up and fully functional in 1 hour by 1 person
- Configured with entrance, pre-/post-operative area, nurses' station, handicapped accessible bathroom/changing area, separate soiled and clean utility rooms, spacious operating room (approximately 400 square feet)
- Self-contained with integrated power, lighting, heating, ventilation (HEPA filtration), air conditioning, plumbing, medical gas/vacuum, nurse call, synchronized time, intrusion alarm, fire suppression, and communications systems
- Transportable by tractor, train or ship
- Redundant systems for power, water, vacuum and communications
- Holding tanks for storage of potable, gray and black water
- UPS system
- MMIC's Mobile Surgery Units™ are state licensable, Joint Commission accreditable, and CMS certifiable
- Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD) certified for use in the State of California
- Rapid set-up allows for fast delivery of patient care
- May be integrated with existing structures
- Easy to clean surfaces provide superb infection control
- Equipped with easily reconfigurable rail-mounted modular cabinetry to provide storage for medical supplies and equipment
MMIC has documented cost savings in the millions of dollars relative to the use of MSUs to support hospital renovation projects for government, private and public hospitals. Customers save money by utilizing MSUs to replace operating rooms being renovated or added. Use of the MSUs allow government facilities to avoid outsourcing surgery at considerable expense while maintaining the revenue stream for private and public facilities. An analysis entitled "VA MSU/MEU Utilization/Cost Savings Overview" describing how much a government facility such as a VA Medical Center can save by using MSUs and/or MEUs during renovations is provided as a download to the right. Use of MSU facilitates faster construction and provides a safe environment for patients to receive surgery without the risk of exposure to construction contaminants.
Contact MMIC today to discuss your Mobile Surgery Unit™ needs.